Spraytech Systems Flow Nozzle is used in typically high-velocity, non-viscous, erosive flow. They are suitable for determining the flow rates of fluids at high temperature and high pressure.
Flow Nozzles have a smooth elliptical inlet leading to a throat section with a sharp outlet. Restriction in the fluid flow causes a pressure drop, which relates to the flow rate by applying Bernoulli's equation.
Types of Flow Nozzles:
- ISA 1932, with corner taps
- ASME long radius, low beta ratio (0.25 < ß < 0.5), with throat tap
- ASME long radius, high beta ratio (0.25 < ß < 0.8), with radius taps (D D/2)
ASME long radius, low beta ratio Nozzle with throat taps is used in steam turbine performance test As per ASME PTC-6 code.
ISA-1932 nozzle can be mounted with carrier ring or in between flanges with corner taps.
Long radius nozzles are normally with weld - in branch pipe with radius taps, Can be also mounted in between flanges.
To avoid welding of dissimilar metals, nozzles are also installed in the pipe with holding ring. features
- Widely used for high pressure high temperature steam flow
- Useful for flow measurement at high velocities
- Rounded Inlet not subject to wear or damage, extending product life
- Better sweep-through effect for debris and liquids, eliminate damming effect
- Lower susceptibility to erosion
- Extended product life with no moving parts